Monday, May 18, 2009

Playgroup craft

Today it was my turn to host craft at playgroup. I drew this picture of an elephant and I printed copies to stick coloured bits of tissue paper onto the image. I thought originally to use heavier paper for the collage, but decided on the tissue paper so you can still see the image once the paper is stuck on. The other good thing about the tissue paper is that the kids can see how the colours mix to make new colours where they overlap. The kids loved playing with the glue pots. It's a cleaner way to get them used to the action of painting.

Ethan wanted to pop the cotton balls from the following craft activity into the glue pots!! He walked away with cotton balls stuck to his cord pants!! I didn't get a photo of it though, the mum hosting that craft hastily pulled them off his pants. I was tempted to paste more on just for the funny photo!

No comments: