Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our weekend

Ethan has started walking in the last week. He is getting quite good at it but is walking with arms out front zombie style! He has also been riding his fire engine around a lot. Most notably while holding his balloon at the same time. Yeehaw!!

Friday night we stayed with my Dad in the city. Steve took me out in the morning for a yummy breakfast (we haven't been out anywhere for I don't know how long) and he wanted us to look for something for my thirtieth birthday present. This was cut short when I walked into a (very clean) glass window where I left half my face on the window and I quickly left (half in shock and half in mortification) with an enormous lump on my noggin! Steve being the lovely husband he is ran off to find some ice and a cool drink to ease the swelling.

I was going to drive to Jen's place for a picnic lunch but Steve decided it was probably best I didn't drive with possible concussion, so he gave us a lift. Jen's new unit is so perfect for one person. She has decorated it and it looks great. Ethan enjoyed jumping in her beanbag and playing with her different pegs!

Sunday I visited the Mathilda's Market in Sydney. It was a great collection of craft products for children. As always the products for girls were over represented, however my Mum and I did purchase two very cute t-shirts for Ethan.

One was a cute pirate ship t-shirt from Sandt. It looks awesome with his navy pinstripe pants he was given for his first birthday!

and the owl tee from The Raisin Did It. I also bought a birthday gift for my sister from Gifts Created.

3 comments:

Cathy Nichols Art said...

Oh my gosh. I am torn between sympathy and laughter that on your first outing with your husband in so long, you actually walked into a glass window. I can empathize so much! Congrats on walking, Ethan!

Rebecca said...

Hello Anna! Ethan is absolutely gorgeous. Walking is such an exciting stage - more things are in reach now no doubt!! Thank you so much for the beautiful fabrics you sent and the lovely card. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner (internet problems etc) but will write soon, Rebecca :D

zukzuk said...

Go Ethan! Don't they just speed through all these stages so quickly? Soon they'll be driving for real and then what will we do!

I see you have a mixed media piece of the Great Ocean Road on your website - that bought back great memories! We are thinking of moving back downunder, possibly to Adelaide so I hope to see that part of the world again soon!