Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My little edible patch

Since these photos were taken the lettuce and parsley have been eaten by the local possums. They are just resprouting now.

Currently in my winter garden I have:

strawberry plants
oregano (recovering well)
sage (going crazy)
lemongrass (re-potted today)
mint (sad, re-potted today)
parsley (nibbled by possums)
perpetual lettuce (nibbled by possums)
mizuna greens (looking and tasting good)
garlic chives (yummy in corn fritters tonight)
onion (experiment)




A sprouting store bought onion which I planted in a pot to see what it would do.

I have never used sage in cooking before so I'm looking forward to trying this. Feel free to send me any of your favourite recipes with sage.

2 comments:

Feli said...

I am so jelous. Everything in my garden is dead from winter and I have no time to garden now. :(

Anna Lloyd said...

That's no good, maybe when she is older you can do it together. E loves to help me in the garden.